ESCO Social Distancing Protocols
ESCO PHARMACY takes the health and the well-being of all of our customers, staff very seriously. We are closely monitoring all developments of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on a daily basis and have provided internal and external protocols to combat and prevent Covid-19.
In an effort to minimize the transmission of the Covid-19, ESCO has decided to implement these social distancing guidelines effective immediately:
- No more than 3 staff should be in the same area (Front reception, Counter, RX, Office) and all should be 6 feet from each other, if possible.
- Essential Personnel are generally expected to report to work unless they are sick or suspect they have been exposed to virus. These staff members have already been designated as such; Some staff members are expected to work from home and remain on “standby”.
- Employees absent from work during enforced social distancing will be compensated as determined by ESCO and applicable state and federal mandates.
- Employees are advised to stay home if you are feeling sick or do not feel comfortable coming to work.
- Avoid meeting people face-to-face. Employees are encouraged to use the telephone, online conferencing, e-mail or instant messaging to conduct business as much as possible, even when participants are in the same building.
- A face mask and disposable gloves are advised for employees who interact within 6 feet of clients or residents with cold like illness.
- If a face-to-face meeting is unavoidable, the meeting time should be for a minimum period of time, in a large meeting room and no more than 5 participants should sit at least 6 feet from each other, if possible.
- Avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands.
- Do not congregate in office, kitchen, front reception or other areas where people socialize.
- Eat at apartment up-stair, away from others.
- Encourage customers to request information and materials or place orders via phone and website to minimize person-to-person contact.
- When items or materials must be collected in person, have them ready for fast pick-up or delivery.
- Telecommuting whenever appropriate, telecommuting arrangements will be made, on a temporary basis.
ESCO encourages to the extent possible to:
- Avoid using public transportation during rush-hour crowding (walk, cycle, or drive a car whenever possible). Alternatively, if possible, adjust your schedule to commute early.
- Avoid recreational or other leisure classes, meetings, or activities where you might come into contact with contagious people.
- Avoid handshaking as a means of greeting. Possible alternatives may include using a slight bow, elbow bump or toe kick when greeting others.
- Use only your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- When opening doors (especially bathroom or other public area doors) or touching other public surfaces, use a paper towel, tissue or disposable glove.
- Wash your hands before working shift, after break and frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when handwashing is not possible.
- Use general surface cleaning products or wipes to clean commonly touched surfaces.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a shirt sleeve or bent arm, not hands.
- Toss out any Kleenex tissues after only one use.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouths with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if sick – if you are feeling sick you should consider staying at your home.
- Get the flu shot. Although the flu shot will not protect you from Covid-19, it will prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this Coronavirus.