ESCO Cleanliness and Sanitation protocol
Routine cleaning and disinfection every hour: When using cleaning and disinfecting products, always read and follow the manufacturer’s directions. Staff should follow label directions and existing procedures for using gloves or other personal protective equipment (PPE). Throw away gloves after each cleaning.
- Frequently touched surfaces back store. Examples include doorknobs, light switches, Rx counter tops, drawer pulls, sinks, faucet and toilet handles, phones, keyboard, computer mouse.
- Frequently touched surfaces front store. Examples include chairs, Signature/Credit Pinpads, ATM, doorknobs, doorbells.
Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Key times to clean hands include:
- Before working shift
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- After using the toilet.
- Before eating or preparing food.
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste.
- Before and after providing routine care for another person who needs assistance (for example, a child).
- Before and after treating a cut or wound.
- After handling trash.
- After cleaning activities.
- After using public transportation.
Other preventive measures
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve. Do not use your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands. Instead, wave.
- If you interact with clients or coworkers, remember to wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after every transaction.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others, whenever possible.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Wear a face covering and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. A face covering is any well-secured paper or cloth (like a bandana or scarf) that covers your mouth and nose. It is essential that staff continue to practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene even when wearing a face covering — including keeping 6 feet of distance between themselves and others whenever possible